Saturday, December 1, 2007

Welcome to the Buffalo Stampede!!!

Let me tell you something...

The CU Buffs get very little coverage in this great country of ours. Personally, I think the Mountain Time Zone is the dead zone - kinda like some black hole where time stands still - thus rendering it and those that are unlucky enough to reside within it useless to the East- and West-Coast media. I guess when no major city sits within 8 hours of you - no, Omaha and Lincoln do not count - you're bound to be forgotten by a few people across the country. So, we have to work hard to be seen. That said...

Seriously? No serious blogs on CU football? Really? I know Boulderites aren't the world's greatest fans, but I certainly liked CU football when I attended. Hell, still love it. Just don't get much of it without purchasing the sports package from DirecTV (which is great, by the way). I'm sure my wife isn't crazy about it, but I don't care. She's an Oregon Duck...

Anyway, my hope is to bring CU football - and, eventually, CU basketball and maybe even a little skiing news for you junkie types - to your computer screen uncensored and maybe even a little in your face. We put together a couple of impressive wins against Oklahoma and Nebraska - we got clobbered by Mizzou...but they were #1 for a short time in this crazy season and that's to be excused - this year and it'll be nice to see what 2008 has in store for Hawkins and the crew. I'm excited for it. I'll see what I can do to bring CU football from Boulder to the big time and maybe even talk a little smack to the other Big XII blogs on the Internetz.

I hope you all enjoy it. Talk to you all soon...

The Mack

No comments: