Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Practice...and A New Offense?

So, it's been since 'Nam that I posted on this blog. Work has been crazy busy. My son just turned two (jeez, I'm freakin' old). My brother is getting married soon (yes, for those of you that remember Brent, the kid's takin' the plunge). Oh, and I've been engrossed in the 2008 presidential election. Being an avid Barack Obama supporter, it's been quite fun, though I could do with less Hillary Clinton these days. Sorry, ladies and gents. Can't handle John McCain. 100 years in Iraq is a long time for you all to be deployed...

Anyway, so I'm reading my RSS feed this evening and read through the CU Athletics site and came across this articlethat quotes redshirt freshman Markques Rimas as saying:

The Buffs have been evolving on both sides of the ball, but the offense should be noticeably different next year.

“The first week has been pretty good,” redshirt freshman wide receiver Markques Simas said. “I wasn’t real sure how things were going to go with the new offense but things are going well. It’s been nice to get out here and back into the swing of things, even if we aren’t in pads yet.”
New offense? It sounds good to me. As you might have read during my live blog of the bowl game and the postgame analysis, I wasn't terribly satisfied with last year's offense. I'd be perfectly OK is Hawk 'n' Crew ripped up the old playbook and brought in something new, fresh, and a little more exciting. We could sure use it, in my opinion.

Anyway, as we get closer to the draft, I'll be posting a little more often. We don't have a ton of talent being auctioned off this coming draft, but it'll be nice to see some of the competition lose some of their best talent. Of course, Chase Daniel is returning to Mizzou, so that kinda sucks.

I'll hope to have David Plati on record a little more often as I get the blog ready for the upcoming season. I'll make sure to have everything ready to go so that we can follow the team for a whole season.

Oh, crap! I almost forgot. For those of you on Facebook, add the "Colorado Football Fans" unofficial fan group to your profile. It's fun for smack-talking (I just smack-talked a friend of mine that is a KU fan - ha ha, Mr. Gardner) and has some cool trivia that gains you points and stuff. Pretty cool. I'll probably be using Facebook to complement this blog come fall time. Good way to increase traffic and make the site more interactive.

Anyway, take care, all. Talk to a few of you soon. Adios!

No comments: