Tuesday, February 26, 2008

2008 NFL Scouting Combine

Alright, since I'm recovering from the flu - Lord, it sucks - and have nothing better to do with my time, I decided to TiVo the NFL Scouting Combine these past few days and I'm scooting through the episodes for nuggets about our boys that were invited.

CU's Assistant AD David Plati has been gracious enough to respond to my inquiries and has allowed me to post most of his stuff that he sends me. Basically, he told me that 3 of our players were invited to the Combine - Tyler Polumbus, Jordon Dizon, and Terrence Wheatley - and will likely have a place on someone's pro squad after the Draft. No juniors or other underclassmen had declared for the Draft and he didn't see any others doing so at the time.

Anyway, the combine results are out and here's how our 3 participants did in the activities prescribed for them:

- Tyler Polumbus (O-Line - 6'7", 312 lbs)

- Bench press, 225 pounds (reps) - 24
- Broad jump (standing long jump) - 9 feet, 0 inches
- 40-yard dash - 5.33 seconds

- Jordon Dizon (Linebacker - 5'11", 229 lbs)

- Bench press, 225 pounds (reps) - 21
- Broad jump (standing long jump) - 9 feet, 0 inches
- 40-yard dash - 4.70 seconds
- 3-cone (a form of shuttle run) - 7.01 sec

- Terrence Wheatley (D-Back - 5'9", 187 lbs)

- Bench press, 225 pounds (reps) - 17
- 40-yard dash - 4.37 seconds
- 3-cone (a form of shuttle run) - 6.74 sec
- Vertical jump - 36.5 inches
- 60-yard shuttle run - 11.58 sec

A couple of positive notes about our guys:

- One of the top draft prospects for 2008 in the D-Back position is Leodis McKelvin of Troy State U. Wheatley tied him in the 40 and bench press and outjumped him by 3 inches in the vertical jump. Not bad.

- Tyler Polumbus - a 312-pound hog - can jump 9 FRIGGIN' FEET FROM A STANDSTILL?

Strangley, Hugh Charles was not invited to the event, so no stats on him at all. Anyway, when I see more stuff, I'll post it. In the meantime, I hope to kick this stupid flu and get back to work. Peace!

No comments: